Monday, September 14, 2009

Apparel Obsession!

I have been liking clothes lately. I mean LOVING clothes. I haven't really been shopping a lot or buying clothes since I am a newlywed and I think it's important to save for things like the future and stuff...you know...important things. So anyway lately I have been online shopping...without actually purchasing. My favorites right now are Express and Charlotte Russe. I just have this really cute style planned in my mind. So I will find everything I want for my new style and put them in my shopping bag just in case I stumbled upon a large sum of money sometime soon. It's just fun ok :)
Two of my favorite shows right now are Project Runway and Rachel Zoe. More clothes! I am even considering taking on a new hobby of sewing to see if I am secretly a genius designer and I just haven't discovered my skills yet.

My closet would be completely empty if it weren't for my Mom. We go through catalogs together and decide what we need for our style. Then she will just show up with clothes that she just "saw in the store and thought I needed". It's just the greatest! Those are my favorite days. Not JUST because I get new clothes but because its fun! And I really like the idea of someone just seeing something and thinking "that is just so Melissa"! She will be the first on my thank you list when I win some type of designer or stylist of the year award (not sure if that exists yet)!

The thing that really made me want to write this post was mostly this picture I am about to show. This is Lady Gaga at the MTV Video Music Awards. She changed like 4 times and every time her outfits were just SO ridiculous. I love seeing different styles. Most of the time I couldn't pull it off but I think its fun when people are different. This is just too far out there. She went ahead and wore neck braces and feathers and some weird wreath around her face but this was just too much. Here is what she wore when accepting her award:

I am cracking up right now! In case you were wondering..that is red lace just going right over her face. Good thing she has some great songs!

Now one of my favorite outfits of all time would be way out there too...if I wore it today. But at the time it would be gorgeous. This is one of the times I wish I lived in so I could wear the beautiful dresses. This is my fave! The hat is the best part. Audrey Hepburn in My Fair Lady:

4 comments:

  1. i agree her outfits were a bit ridiculous. everytime they showed her on camera i was in shock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could totally pull of the Fair lady outfit! Thanks for updating more I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOOhhhhh I love that post! you are inded fun to dress....however I have since erased any memories of shopping with you in highschool. Glad you have found yourself...MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT blog....I think you win the award

    ReplyDelete

What up?