Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Hunger Games

I just finished reading this amazing book! My Mom and sister recommended it to me and I'm glad they did. I am not a 'huge reader'...I am not one to go out and look for new authors or "discover" a new series. I always read books that are recommended to me. That's why my favorites are the big name/popular books (Twilight series, Work & Glory).

Anyway, when I heard what this one is about I was a little skeptical because it sounded weird. And it was weird but it is one of those books that makes you think. It is just so fun to read. And it also has a cliffhanger at the end of every chapter. I couldn't put it down! It has unique characters, a new idea and so many twists! I also felt every emotion you can feel. I think that is the best kind of book. I loved it!

I would give a little description of what its about but I am not a good writer and definitely not a book critic. I thought I would just share what I think about it. So if anyone has any more recommendations for me I would love to hear them! Then I will have something to read as soon as I read the sequel to "The Hunger Games".

1 comment:

  1. From your description of the book I think i want to read this one. Of course after I finish New Moon. i am reading it again to be prepared for the movie. My sister in law and I have been watching the vampire diaries on the CW. LOVE It. It is a show based on some books written in the 90's. She bought the books and reccomended them to me. I am planning on checking those out too. If you like the Twilight series but are sick of the mushiness... like me, you might like them. If I think of anymore I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete

What up?