Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holiday Season!

We have just been startin the HoLiDaYs off right! I'm feeling chatty so you probably should skip this one if you don't want the details of my life :) We had such a great Thanksgiving over at my Mom's house in Bonney Lake! The night before we had everyone go see New Moon since we're all fans! It was way fun and I made homemade caramel popcorn for the first time. Quite an experience! The next day was a really chill day. Chris got up early and played in the Turkey Bowl in the pouring rain. And I was in charge of dessert so I was up baking all morning. Just slaving away. We had dinner in the afternoon...everything was delicious! My Mom is always really fun and creative at holidays. We had a Mayflower centerpiece with MM's in it so I was happy. We busted out our old Thanksgiving song that we learned when we were little kids (I'm sure Chris was wondering what he got himself into) and we had a competition to see who could make the best turkey noise. Pretty entertaining! My chocolate pumpkin pie dessert didn't turn out like I wanted but my corn on the cob cookies seemed to be a hit! After the meal we assumed the post meal position (meaning we crashed on the floor, too full to move) we played catch phrase which eventually turned into the girls watching Scottee and Chris play NBA live on the PS3. When we went home I thought I was being all good trying to start a new traddy and busted out a "Thanksgiving journal"! I thought we could start with our first Thanksgiving as a married couple and write about what we were thankful for that particular year so we could reflect on what happens through the years. Chris was not feelin it at all but he found some words deep in the goodness of his heart to add to the journal. YES! Tradition started!

Since Chris had to work early the next morning we decided to just go to Marysville to visit the Hayes fam for the weekend instead of Thanksgiving day so we had more time. So we left around noon Friday and drove up to Marys. It was a great weekend getaway and good to see Alyssa and Michelle (Chris' sister and Mom)...oh and a cute plump and shaggy Murphy. We did some black Friday shopping, went out to Red Robin (so delish I want my usual right now) and went to the movies. We saw The Blind Side and it was amazing! We all absolutely loved it! If I felt like going into a movie review right now I would convince you to see it but its not the time so I will just give it 5 stars! Chris got his madden playing time in while I got caught up on magazines (they seem to always have a bunch of good ones I need to read). I got some one on one shopping time with my Mom-in-law. She bought us the most amazing candle! It smells exactly like rainbow chip cake batter. And it even has little sprinkles in it! I love! So anyway, it was a fun shopping trip and we decided to rent a movie for us to watch at night. We looked EVERYWHERE for four Christmases and finally had to settle for Year One. I fell asleep during it like usual and had the best night's sleep. Successful trip! They are always fun and funny and its just a good time. So we are glad we are able to just drive the hour and 15 mins up whenever we want. This Thanksgiving I was thankful that we have the mother ship of both of our families so close. We are so lucky!












THESE TWO ARE VIDEOS:

video

video

2 comments:

  1. I love it all!!! So thankful for your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all of it and think it is great! I think it is so funny that you have a video of everyone hangin in the kitchen talking and working and then there is Nephi and Esther just laying on the couch.....slugs.....

    ReplyDelete

What up?