Sunday, November 8, 2009

Starting the Sassy Biz!

I am just REALLY excited about what my sister Kimmie and I are getting into right now. We decided to go into business together and sell our products online. We are starting with jewelry, handbags and SHOES! You can already tell by that last word being in all caps that I am probably going to be our best customer. I'm a sucker for some hot heels!

We came up with the idea because of all the things we have been learning about online marketing and such through the work we have been doing. I actually planned a different business for different members of our family. We are going to be starting Kailey's Babysitting business and Mom's crafty business soon too!

We are not out to make millions of dollars here. We just thought it would be a good experience to build something from scratch and have fun doing it. We've been doing research, making orders from wholesalers and planning the website and marketing.

The whole point of selling the products is to provide cute and sassy pieces that are inexpensive to girls with our similar style. We went through and picked out everything that we like basically. We also got our little sister's opinions for their age group. We're starting with accessories and are going to start adding clothes gradually. Let me just tell you that I am in LOVE with bracelets right now and there are going to be some fantastic ones in the first order.

We are also starting a blog that goes along with the biz. Its going to include posts about the looks we are loving and also weekly featured items that may be a special on the website and how to wear them and things like that. The website and blog are going to go up within this next week so check back and I'll post all the info. You can also let us know what you are looking for and we will try to include it in our upcoming orders!

5 comments:

  1. how EXCITING!!! I can't wait to see your blog and the orders you get in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to see it too! i love when people give me fashion advice! cant wait to see those hot silvs with black tights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY!! I am loving the braclet idea so keep your eyes pealed for lucy lovin braclets while your at it! (ie mounth friendly)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great minds think alike! :) You are going to have so much fun doing this. i've loved every bit of it. i bet you find some way cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool!!! I love shoes and accessories and am always looking for new, hip ones. I can't wait to see what you post. :-)

    ReplyDelete

What up?