Monday, March 8, 2010

Livin a little


I don't know what it is but I get a little (actually a lot) antsy staying in one place for too long. I thought that I HATED change but turns out that I actually crave it...go figure. I mean since I turned 18 i have lived in AT LEAST 11 different apartments in 4 different states (that's where i lost count). I moved pretty much every new semester in college so i am just used to it.

Chris has lived in a ton of different places too! Growing up he has lived in Oregon, Washington, Phillipines, Hawaii, California, and Texas...and Peru for two years of course! So what I am getting at is that we're used to change. Soooo....surprise surprise...

We have decided to move!!! And we're really excited about it! We have our list of reasons of why we want to move but really it comes down to the fact that we want to go out to somewhere new and see what life experiences we can have.

We thought that Washington was the perfect choice to settle in because both of our families are based here but recently we have been feeling like we are trying to settle too early. We DO want to live by our families when we have our own family and we DO want our kids to have stability so that is what we have to look forward to in the future. But for now... we are going to live a little.

We have been bouncing ideas around of different cities (in the western U.S.- we don't want to get too crazy) and we are pretty sure we know where we want to go. We gave ourselves a deadline and wherever we have good job leads is where we will go for sure. The deadline is the end of this week so we'll keep you updated. I am so excited to go somewhere new, have new experiences, meet new people, and visit new places. (secretly I am most excited about decorating a new place!) The great part is that once we get there if we don't like it...we can move to our second choice spot. I think that a lot of people might think...you can't move that easily, it costs a lot, there are too many factors to look into. But I am feeling like we have broken through that and we just plan to "make it happen!" This might be the only time in our lives that we can live like this so why not, right?
Maybe this motivation is because we are in the process of making our "BURIED LIFE" list. (if you haven't seen that show you should check it out).

And did I mention we will be leaving next month...ya...pretty soon. So...thanks for reading my ramblings...




8 comments:

  1. I love this... and since i know you'll never move to idaho to be with me, I support every other choice by default.... but really.. i think it's a great idea! and i can say by experience, that moving to a place TOTALLY random where you know no one.. is one of the most amazing experiences you'll ever have!... i love you both and i hope to seee you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! come to me or at least closer to me and drive through st george so I can see my nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a brilliant idea! I really wish Craig and I had moved to Europe like we planned to do after we got married! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to go into mourning now and I am not going to stop until you move back by me......

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT ramblings....I LOVE the adventurous spirit you two have!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that plan! I think Nic and I need to do more of it. Now that we have a house it's a bit harder... You should move to Italy for 6-12 months or something! The time will fly by and you'll have the most amazing experiences. Then you can come back to the west coast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally hear ya. By the time we make our next move sometime this fall Dupont will be our longest stay in one place ever. (2 years...and let me tell you that seems like FOREVER.) In just over 8 years of marriage Uriah and I have moved 13 times in 5 states (if I counted right). Crazy...or so it seems. But then you get that itch for adventure, something new and refreshing. You get the chance to start over in a new place with new people...there is something addicting about it. It is hard on the relatives though. At least you aren't tearing the grandparents away from their grandkids yet...like we're about to do. I am dreading that part. By the way...thanks again for coming to my baby shower. :)

    ReplyDelete

What up?