Thursday, March 24, 2011

TAR-JAY

I saw the most exciting thing right up on my YAHOO!! homepage today...ahem...

The 'always-nicer-and-better-quality-but-because-of-that-you-feel-like-its-more-expensive' TARGET is actually LESS EXPENSIVE than 'I-hate-walking-in-the-doors-but-always-end-up-shopping-here-because-they-are-cheap-and-have-everything' WALMART!!!

Waaheee! The study peeps compared 35 brand name items that are sold at both stores and Target's total came out just a wee bit less. BUT Target also offers their Redcard which gives you 5% off everything you buy. So laaaa-deeee-da...I never have to feel obligated to shop at WalMart again!!!!

Why is this such a big deal? Because I hate WalMart with a passion and have always wanted to swear it off forever but I felt like as the shopper and woman of the household I needed to suck it up and shop at Wally's to save money. I dunno..its a psychological thing {I know I can't be the only one that feels this way}. But now I can feel totally free and prance around the clean, stocked and organized aisles and load my germ free cart up with quality inexpensive products that I love. PLUS I feel totally justified on getting a Redcard immediately.

Take THAT walmart guy who made me wait for 35 minutes to get some spray paint and tried to run away from me while I was seeking assistance. I laugh in your face. Hahahaha!

If you would like to read about the study and get excited all over again go HERE.

p.s. we are going to a private screening tonight for a movie that's coming out this summer! good thing cus I'm cravin the popping corn ;)

3 comments:

  1. ive been TELLING you to get that RED Card FOREVER! Just make sure you sign up for the debit card and not the credit card... and youll need a blank check when you do... I shop Targ for everything now that I have that... 5% adds up biotch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally awesome! I love me some target, which I also call tar-jay, we seriously speak the same language! I too forced myself to walk through crusty wal-mart because I thought I was saving money. I'm so glad I don't have to now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right! I think we do have a lot in common! Wait..minus the fact I am not married :) I don't consider myself a fashion blogger, more of a random whatever I am thinking that day haha you'll see!

    You and your husband are so cute! Like you guys are a poster couple.

    I am excited you found my blog, because now I found yours and now following lady!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

What up?