Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sweet and terribly terrible

This made me cry. At the workplace. But I planned to tell anyone that asked that I had just yawned and it made my eyes water. Brilliant liar...I know.

The story goes as follows....A Navy Seal was tragically killed from a grenade in Afghanistan. This Navy seal was extremely close with his dog (he called his dog "son". sob) and his dog was in attendance at his funeral. In the middle of the service the dog walks up to the front and laid down right in front of the casket and let out a huge sigh. He lay at the foot of the casket the rest of the funeral. Loyal until the end. Heart wrenching.

And the picture is what seals the deal. The picture on the casket was even a pic of him with his pup. I love them both. So heart breaking. It's awful. How did he know it was him in the casket? Had to share.

Made me think of how Hooshie follows me everywhere I go...even when I'm in the bathroom he lays at the door and sticks his paws under trying to scratch to get in. I love my dog.

1 comment:

  1. I cried like a baby when I read that story... I call Kobe son too. Even planet of the apes made me cry thinking about how animals have feelings too... love those loyals

    ReplyDelete

What up?