Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Let me tell ya about my job

She works haaaard for the $money$! Why yes...yes I do...thank ya. This summa I started a new full time j.o.b. I am working for an Internet Retailer called Select Shops which sells blinds, rugs, bedding, fans and lighting. Home decor...if you will. Our company's claim to fame is that we supply all of the rugs and window coverings for the show Extreme Makeover:Home Edition {i cry every time}. And we've just started working with some shows on the Oprah Winfrey Network! I am the Merchandising Coordinator for the rugs merchandise department. & I dig it.

I love my office building which is basically a model trendhome in office building form. Gorgeous Italian style with a big fountain outside the giant front doors and incredible wooden floors and a rad lobby with table hockey and shelves of free snacks and drinks... and I have a granite counter top desk and we're always having contests{i never win} and parties and...I could go on and on. It's actually in the same building as a wedding reception hall. And on Fridays we often see people in tuxes and gowns wander into our office and tell us they're here for the wedding. And we get to laugh and make them feel awkward...then direct them to right place o'course. It's just a great place to work.

People ask me what I do and it's one of those things where I do a lotta diff things and some of it won't make sense to people so I say something like this: My day to day is pretty much organizing and managing all the rugs online which includes 60K+ of those guys. So that's fun. I am part of the merchandising team and together we make sure the products are online and look good so people want to buy them! I've made some good and interesting friends {stories about them will come later ;) }and its a lovely atmosphere.

A couple of pics I've snapped while at the work-kingdom...

My work room. My desk is just to the right there. Balloons are for a white party we were having.
This is the ceiling above my desk. It's magical and sometimes I get a neck cramp staring at it.

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to hear about your job! What a gorgeous work environment!

    ReplyDelete

What up?