Friday, March 23, 2012

Awkward turtle.


So ya know when something is said and for whatever the reason you don't actually hear it until a couple of seconds later? And then you respond. Well here's how it went down....

 A certain pooch-tummy male co-worker that I'm not all that familiar with stops at my desk as he is getting ready to leave for lunch and asks moi...."what should I do for lunch?" 

Naturally I respond with "oooooooooooh you should go to Chick-fil-a. yuuummmmmmmmmm." 

I could tell by his face that this was an A+ idea. He bright-facedly gets incredibly excited about my suggestion and for a flash second I think I have a fellow chick lover on my hands...until he says.... "Yes!!!! CHI-POT-LE! Brilliant.That might be the best idea you've ever had. I am so glad I asked YOU today". 

It must've been the way I perfectly did not slur my words. awkward turtle. Sooo...should I tell him or just take credit for the Chipotle thing? Go wit it. "Mmmmhmmmmmmm" {me nodding & smiling like a crazy}

Then a second of pause. Of quiet. Of the excitement fading. Of us each thinking the same 'thisisgoingtochangeourcoworkerrelationship' thing. 

"Wait.............{thinking}.................did you say... Chick-fil-a?"
Hahahahahaha! {that's in-my-head laughter}

 There is no way out of thata one. So I quietly mumble "yeah...but Chipotle does sound good...too....". He gives me a funny look, gives a kind of pip squeak politician apology and walks on out. 

So...... am I still brilliant?
no chance. 

6 comments:

  1. haha i do that ALL THE TIME.
    xx jes

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, i have that necklace. and TOTALLY love it. that's all. OH! and i miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i miss you too! Are you still in Rex? I'm about to come visit!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with this look, your necklace and a peek of a sock over a boot! So FUN!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What up?