Tuesday, April 17, 2012

focus focus fucos fsuco...





Well I’m back from my spud-tastic trip to Idaho {that’s another post}. Now I’m working on the whole ‘joy in the journey’ situation as I get back to the weeks in between all of our planned trips where I actually have to work. Ohhhh that work. Tans my hide.  But there’s only a few weeks until the next trip. So today I will plug in my headphones….turn on some BM, RF, & OD….and focus on today. 

Today…

I will use the power of positive thinking to get me through these painfully boring spreadsheets staring at me. What chu got spreads? Nothin I can’t handle. 

I will watch the videos on my phone from this past week’s adventures.  And I will narrate to myself and bust a gut every time. 

We will celebrate finishing our taxes. True procrastinators wait until the 17th to be done with that mug. And so tonight we will be celebrating our true procrastinatorness. Maybe at Bahama Bucks?!

I will continue to pray for Jakelle who is still in the hospital undergoing operation after operation. Witnessing miracle after miracle. If people didn’t know that prayer has actual power before….now they know. 

I will plan a date for a one Mr. Hayes and I for this weekend. That sounds nice and needed. And if it doesn’t get planned…it turns into Panda Express takeout on the couch and listening to Chris laugh at youtube videos  while I switch back and forth from Say Yes to the Dress and something ridiculous like Storage Wars {seriously…have you seen it? wow} . So… plan I will. 

I will ponder on why people tap on their coke can before opening it. A girl in my office does it every single diet coke she goes for. So that’s like 5 a day. Is there a tested theory behind this tappage?

Yep….sounds like a good day. Ha.

10 comments:

  1. Have you ever shaken a can of soda, and then open it? Supposedly, tapping the top helps to counteract the effects of a shaken can....not sure how many taps it takes....but that's why most people do it...cuz ya never know when your can has been shaken :) I'm praying for Jakelle too....hope that she recovers soon! :) Love ya!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But howwww?! How would that make it not explode? I smell a science project coming on...too bad I'm not in elementary school anymore... :)

      Delete
  2. i tap my coke before but i think its just to be cool because i have no idea why i do it?
    love the pictures. the puppy is adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there actual contact between hoosh's tongue and your lips? hehehehe LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um yes. Straight up genital licking tongue on lips....its usually on the nose but as long as my mouth is closed I'm good with the lovies. haha!

      Delete
  4. OMG I have to plan too or we are the same way. We ended up on the couch a few weeks back with takeout. We pretty much had a date with our DVR. Glad your back, love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha...We have so much in common!

      Delete
  5. First of all, I'm your newest follower, love your blog!! Secondly, you deffffinitely do look like ali larter, and I wish I could borrow your positive thinking power to help me tackle spreadsheets!!

    ReplyDelete

What up?